8 Temmuz 2012 Pazar

To All "Friends" - from: Director Skip Bunn

To contact us Click HERE
Dear Fellow Landowners,
This has been a most interesting week for me. As an FPLOA Director, I am entitled by law to see and vote on any contract which any other director or officer has been an accessory too.  For the last 6 months or so, I have been left out of this procedure -- along with a majority of the other directors.
Towards the end of last month, I called our new park manager, to set up a time to view the manager’s contract, the grader contract and the bookkeeper’s contract. My appointment was to take place this past Tues., July 3rd, at 10:00. However, upon arriving, I was told by the manager, that she had been instructed not to let me view these contracts until I signed a completely new CONFIDENTIALLY AND FIDUCIARY FORM – a form which had been put in place one day before my appointment with her. 
To my surprise, our corporation secretary was also there. She proceeded to inform me that I could have no one else with me but herself. In addition, I would not be allowed to bring in a notebook or anything to write with. What I thought was going to be a simple appointment,  all of a sudden, had become weird and uncomfortable.
After reading through the completely newCONFIDENTIALLY AND FIDUCIARY FORM”, I decided not to sign it right then. It warned I would lose my FPLOA, professional liability insurance coverage if I revealed information included in any of these contracts –the insurance which protects directors and officers. I decided it would be best to receive a legal opinion from my personal attorney before I did anything.
 Our appointed President, now controls all the committees, officers, finances, contracts, professional consultants and our park managers. As an ELECTED director, I am completely opposed to this management approach. It is wrong and needs to be corrected as soon as possible.
I have asked two of our board candidates, Laura Barth and Liz Wilson-- both Certified Managers of Community Associations -- why they did not apply for the park manager position.  Their reply was that they believed our president was in complete control of the FPLOA and he had already chosen the person for the position. Also, neither of them was interested in signing a contract which would give the manager NO direct access to the board of directors and which allowed for termination at any time WITHOUT cause.
Usually the new board members are announced today at our annual meeting and seated immediately afterward. Because the election is not complete, this year that won’t happen. In the past few days, the Board agenda has been amended by either the chairman of the board or our president. In my opinion, it is wrong to rush through the appointment of officers and budget for the new 2013 fiscal year before the new board members are seated.  I am against this and I will vote against it.
I am hoping my fellow landowners will vote for both Laura Barth and Liz Wilson as our new FPLOA directors.  I am convinced that these two community managers have the skills, experience, education and integrity to put our association back on the RIGHT track.
Skip Bunn, FPLOA Director

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder