23 Eylül 2012 Pazar

Four and twenty blackbirds


Arriving home from work yesterday around dinnertime, I stepped out of my car and heard a ruckus coming from across the street. The crown of our neighbor's tree was covered in blackbirds, dozens upon dozens of them, all chirping up a storm and creating quite a symphony. It was cheerful in a way, but at the same time it was creepy to see all those birds massing in one tree at twilight. Then I realized they were also massing in the giant maple in our backyard, only those birds were silent -- even creepier! Very Hitchcockian. I grabbed my camera and managed to get a good shot of the birds circling around our neighbor's tree.  Shortly afterward the whole lot of them abruptly took off in one giant chirping mass. Amazing!

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder