5 Şubat 2013 Salı

"Anything & Everything" on the 772D Motor Grader??

To contact us Click HERE

It’s time for the facts to come out about the 772D Motor Grader…
I sent an email to all of the previous Board of Directors. I asked them to give me any and all the details they knew about the purchase of the 772D Motor Grader.  Only three (3) responded -- Waters, Bunn and Moss.  I did not get any response from the other two. 
Part of Waters’ response to me by email dated 1/16/13 Wednesday 10:46am was, “ I spoke with (former FPLOA President) last night before I called you and he confirmed that (Equipment Salesman) ASSURED US THAT IF ANYTHING WENT WRONG WITH THE GRADER IN THE FIRST YEAR HE WOULD TAKE CARE OF IT. (Former FPLOA President) also stated that he personally saw the unit in Colorado Machinery's shop being serviced before we took delivery.”    
As I see it, an equipment salesman is not in any position to assure anybody HE will take care of it.  The only responsible party would be Colorado Machinery.  To date, I cannot find anything in writing that states this implied "warranty".
I do have thirteen (13) pages of a Service Invoice dated September 27, 2012, which will be posted in a day or two.  After reading the report, you can make your own determination or you can contact me for an explanation.  One thing I want all of you to know is NO ONE SUPERVISED THE SERVICE OF THE GRADER.  Contrary to what was stated by the equipment salesman at two (2) previous meetings, this grader also does not have a Diagnostics Report  
The two (2) major issues we have on the 772D Grader today are:
(1)   THE FINAL DRIVE SEAL (axle pivot seal) had a minor leak when the machine was first delivered to the association.  This would have been discovered by a pre-delivery inspection (which I believe was never done because there is no paperwork to back it up).  Now the leak has become more serious.  To take care of this, the cost to the association will be $6,600 plus 1 and 1/2 days of labor @ $100/hr for steam cleaning and power washing before repairs can begin.  This price is good until 2/21/13
  For the time being, I am going to run the grader, as is, and I will keep adding oil.  That's the cheapest way to handle this problem for now but this cannot go on forever.
(2)   THE "CIRCLE" (turret) has some wear.  This, too, should have been discovered during an inspection prior to accepting delivery. But, again, there is no paperwork related to a pre-delivery inspection. 
At some point, the turret will have to be replaced. The part costs $16,045.91 – which does not include transportation/freight from the factory to Colorado Machinery.  This price is only good until 2/21/13
In addition to that, eighteen (18) additional parts are required with a total cost of, roughly, $22,000.  I can be more specific on the total cost as soon as I receive the rest of the quote.  If we have to wait until early spring to do the necessary repairs on the turret, then the operator will have to follow my instructions “to the letter” when operating the machine so as not to cause further damage.
The wear on the turret was caused by an operator (past or present, I don't know) who did not (or does not) have the knowledge/experience to operate it properly.  Again, that's why I requested the history of the 772D from the equipment salesman at both of the meetings we had.
I was never involved in the negotiations for the purchase of the 772D Motor Grader.  Had I been included, I never would have agreed to this purchase.  But, what do I know? I guess “they" had more knowledge and experience than I do. 
Once these two repairs are done (and by adding in the money spent to perform the repairs already made), this machine will have cost the FPLOA more than a brand new 772D or 772GP Motor Grader.  If anyone wants to see it in black and white, come see me.
If there's a question as to whether these repairs are necessary, the FPLOA has the option to hire an independent company with a knowledge of construction equipment (or any John Deere, Komatsu, Caterpillar, Volvo dealer, etc.) to verify what I have written here.
After all, I've been accused of making “mountains out of molehills”.
That's it for today.  Stay tuned for the 644K!!!!
Submitted By: Phil the Greek



Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder